Job no: 523908
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Categories: Events, Management
A rare opportunity to influence, problem solve and innovate in a growing company!
A great opportunity has arisen in our Event Management team at The Star Gold Coast. We are seeking an Event Operations Manager.
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast team within our Event Services Department. When it comes to putting on a show for our customers, you don't get much better than the team at The Star Gold Coast! Our busy Events Department accommodates a range of conventions, exhibitions, functions Galas, weddings, and special events.
As the Event Floor Manager in our premium Conference and Events facility you will be responsible for overseeing Event Centre organisation and logistics of events, conferences, exhibitions and all other functions on behalf of internal and external guests. Oversee the management of the events operations team. Management team to ensure highest standards of customer service and maximum profitability are achieved and maintained, through effective leadership and monitoring of daily business. You will also actively participate in all aspects of function management from attending client meetings through to the set-up of function venues both on and off-site.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Accountable for the development, implementation and evaluation of service standards to ensure they meet organisational standards
- Recommend strategies to the Event Planning and Operations Manager to increasing repeat patronage of guests and clients.
- Oversee the operational functions of the centre, to achieve the department's objectives in conjunction with the business unit’s, division and company objectives
- Review and analyse the day-to-day operational needs
- Ensure that operations are within budgetary requirements for labour, product and operational expenses
- Make recommendations to maximise revenue and minimise costs
- Monitor, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery to continuously meet and improve service standards
- Accountable for maintaining a customer focus in venue services, ensuring that customer service delivery is timely, effective and efficient and that it meets the client’s needs
- Manage team members and complete all people planning requirements including recruitment, training and development and performance management of team members
- Oversee the preparation of rosters for all employees, ensuring adherence to the The Star Gold Coast Enterprise Agreement, budgetary requirements and policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage team member absenteeism, annual leave, days in lieu, time and attendance
- Confident in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labour costs and operating expenses to achieve favourable results on the P&L for maximum profitability
- Experience in dealing with multiple external and internal stake holders
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure, controlling and organising multiple teams for multiple events
- A sound knowledge of Conferences, Events Management, WHS compliance within a similar high volume premium environment
- Exceptional computer skills with the use of software’s such as Microsoft 365, Delphi, Opera, and Salesforce.
- A natural leader who loves to develop and grow a service focused team
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- Free buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend