Senior Payroll Officer
Job no: 523981
Work type: Permanent Full Time
The Star Entertainment Group have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Payroll Officer with SAP payroll system experience and Success Factors (optional), to join the Payroll team on a permanent, full-time basis.
What we are looking for:
As a Senior Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for reviewing payroll outcomes for accuracy, ensure adequate training and coaching of Payroll Officers and take lead of resolving complex queries. This role actively contributes to continuous improvement and post project activities in a supportive, engaging and social environment!
You will have a passion for coaching and mentoring junior payroll team members, enjoy learning multiple areas of payroll and understand reconciliations and regular month end tasks!
- Lead and support processes post SAP implementation project across the group as a priority
- Act as a first point of contact for resolving complex and escalated payroll queries for external customers
- Complete Month-End payroll related activities (superannuation submission, payroll tax, third party payments)
- Develop a sound knowledge of Enterprise Agreement, statutory requirements, remuneration and benefits, and payroll/personnel administration policies and procedures
- Identify and recommend continuous business process improvement of processes, policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Significant previous experience and supervisory/management experience desirable
- Proficiency in processing payrolls using SAP payroll system, SuccessFactors (optional), Payroll Control Centre, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of payroll statutory requirements, ATO rules
- Considerable experience working in a large payroll environment with knowledge of both Salaries and Awards
- Ability to provide high level of customer service and solution focused services
What we can offer you:
- A Permanent, Full-Time position with a generous salary aligned to experience
- Agile working environment, flexible working arrangements available
- Annual and Personal leave
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues at all 3 of our world-class properties
- Generous Paid Parental Leave for primary and secondary carers
- Excellent growth opportunities both personally and professionally
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- COMPLIMENTARY daily meal with a new offering everyday (buffet)
- $10/day parking available on property + FREE light rail from
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
It's your move
If you've got the drive to inspire change, grow with our business and the desire to achieve extraordinary things, come and play with us at The Star. Make your next move by clicking the link below and applying.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend