Corporate Graduate Leadership Program
Job no: 524089
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Sydney, Gold Coast, Queensland, Brisbane
Categories: Government Relations, Finance, Marketing / PR, Risk, Executive, Procurement, Legal & Compliance, HR, Technology, Guest Experience, Central Gaming Unit
Corporate Graduate Leadership Program
We are seeking future leaders to join our expanding graduate program. We welcome them to build upon their knowledge and encourage them to develop their skills, strengths and capability and support The Star Entertainment Group in becoming ‘Australia’s Leading Integrated Resort Company’.
The Star’s Corporate Graduate Leadership Program is a 14-month program that enables graduates to rotate through our business, gaining exposure to operational and corporate divisions. As many graduates will tell you, there’s nothing like ‘real-life’ experience to teach you what working is really like.
The final three months of this program allow graduates to use their skills in their study area of expertise or area of choice.
Eligibility to apply
Hosted at all three of our properties in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney, the Corporate Graduate Leadership Program is open to Bachelor/Master qualified graduates who have completed their study within the last two years in Tourism, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing or Legal.
Due to the duration of the program and potential permanent employment only Australian permanent residents or citizens are eligible to apply.
Interested graduates are welcome to submit their updated resume and academic transcripts via our Star Careers website.
Graduate applicants who have had their resumes shortlisted by The Star’s Talent Acquisition team will be sent an invitation to complete an online video interview.
Once you have submitted your online video interview, the Talent Acquisition team with the support of key leaders, will conduct an interactive group assessment.
Successful graduate applicants will then progress to final interviews, which will be conducted face to face at one of our Star properties based in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
For successful graduates, placements based in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane will begin 30th January 2023.
During the 14-month program you will be learning from some of the best leaders in the industry within our Corporate Business units as well as developing understanding of our Hospitality and Gaming teams. This will give you exposure to how operations work with a behind the scenes view and the opportunity to build strong networks across The Star Entertainment Group.
Why choose a Graduate Leadership program at The Star?
You will gain insights to business strategy and operations, whilst developing practical and intellectual capabilities. During rotations, graduates will gain exposure to the full range of integrated resort experiences, whist being provided with a unique opportunity to:
- Complete a 3-month specialisation into the area of your choice
- Build capability through supervised practical ‘real time’ experiences
- Continue your career here at The Star when the program is completed (100% of our Graduates have moved into full time roles at the conclusion of their program)
- One-on-one support and mentoring by one of our top industry leaders
- Access to the full range of learning resources and training events through The Star Academy
The Requirements/Capabilities you will bring
- Studies in Tourism, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing or Legal
- Understanding that The Star is a 24/7 Hospitality & Entertainment Venue
- High level of emotional intelligence to deal with a diverse range of guests
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary personal presentation
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Ability to act proactively and work flexibly without supervision
- A learning mindset and commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Proactive, problem-solving with high attention to detail
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend