Hospitality Graduate Leadership Program
We are seeking future leaders to join our expanding graduate program. We welcome them to build upon their knowledge and encourage them to develop their skills, strengths and capability and support The Star Entertainment Group in becoming ‘Australia’s Leading Integrated Resort Company’.
The Star Hospitality Graduate Leadership Program is a 14-month program that enables graduates to rotate through our business, gaining exposure to operational and corporate divisions. As many graduates will tell you, there’s nothing like ‘real-life’ experience to teach you what working is really like.
The final three months of this program allow graduates to use their skills in their study area of expertise or area of choice.
Eligibility to apply
The Hospitality Graduate Program encourages graduates who have an Advanced Diploma (or higher qualification) and have completed their hospitality studies (or a related discipline) in the last two years to apply.
You must be passionate about the hospitality industry and envision yourself becoming a leader within the Food & Beverage or Hotel Industry.
Due to the duration of the program and potential permanent employment only Australian permanent residents or citizens are eligible to apply.
Interested graduates are welcome to submit their updated resume and academic transcripts via our Star Careers website.
Graduate applicants who have had their resumes shortlisted by The Star’s Talent Acquisition team will be sent an invitation to complete an online video interview.
Once you have submitted your online video interview, the Talent Acquisition team with the support of key leaders, will conduct an interactive group assessment.
Successful graduate applicants will then progress to final interviews, which will be conducted face to face at one of our Star properties based in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
For successful graduates, placements based in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane will begin 30th January 2023.
During the 14-month program, you will work with world class leaders within our Food & Beverage and Hotels departments. You will be exposed to how our operational teams work, both on the floor and behind the scenes, and have the opportunity to build strong networks across The Star Entertainment Group.
Our aim is to provide you with a solid foundation and understanding of the hospitality and gaming industry by placing you in a variety of rotational roles.
Why choose a Hospitality Graduate Leadership program at The Star?
Our program will enable you to experience and explore roles within some of Sydney’s and Queensland’s coolest bars, award-winning restaurants and most luxurious hotels.
This unique opportunity will also present a first-class preview into the world of gaming and entertainment.
Our program offers you:
- A 3-month specialisation into the FOH area of your interest or choice
- An opportunity to continue your career here at The Star when the program is completed (100% of our Graduates have moved into full time roles at the conclusion of their program)
- One-on-one support and mentoring by one of our top industry leaders
- Access to the full range of learning resources and training events through The Star Academy
The Requirements/Capabilities you will bring
- Solid experience and true passion for the hospitality industry
- Understanding that The Star is a 24/7 Hospitality & Entertainment Venue
- High level of emotional intelligence to deal with a diverse range of guests
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Capability to act proactively and work flexibly without supervision
- A learning mindset and commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Proactive, problem-solving with high attention to detail
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.