Job no: 527905
Work type: Casual
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast team within our Entertainment Services Department.
As an Events Technician, you will deliver specific lighting services to the theatre and event space including the provision of lighting design, programming, effects, follow spot operation, platform lighting and theatrical lighting.
What are we looking for?
- Experience with installation and operation of Audio, Vision and lighting systems for conferences and events
- Knowledge and operation of equipment for live Streaming and Hybrid events advantageous
- Understanding of Camera set up and operation for live corporate events
- Rigging ticket and EWP licence advantageous
- Experience within the corporate audio-visual and live events industry
- Previous maintenance experience together with an ability to fault find with an eye for detail
- Skills to make changes to the lighting design and programming of the show
- Knowledge of and ability to operate and program lighting equipment in a corporate and live event or concert environment
- You will have the strong ability to work from production drawings, prints or plans and have skills in operating, maintaining, setting up and adjusting all lighting production equipment
What can we offer you?
- Roster confirmed in advance and available direct to your mobile
- Onboarding and training in your department
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
- Growth and development, with career development in this role
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants, and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJs at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend