Job no: 528740
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Categories: EA/PA/Secretarial, Marketing / PR, Executive, Office Management, Coordinator / Administrator
At The Star Entertainment Group, we aim to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Our mission is to create fun and memorable experiences for the millions of guests we welcome each year at our trusted destinations.
Our properties across Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast are world-class with many award-winning hotels, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) is an ASX-listed company committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. TSEG will achieve this by leading with integrity and values to enable us to provide entertainment, gaming, and leisure experiences safely, responsibly, and ethically.
As our Communication Executive, reporting to the Communications Manager within the Office of the Chief Executive Officer, you will offer support to the Senior Leadership Team of The Star, enhancing employee engagement by effectively communicating our strategic priorities and core values and fostering a deeper connection between our employees and the organisation’s mission.
This role is a 12-month fixed term contract located in Brisbane.
A few of your responsibilities
- Support the IC Manager in working with property leaders across all departments to understand their business priorities and issues to provide effective internal communications advice and support.
- Work with project teams to ensure proposed internal/team member's changes, initiatives and campaigns are successfully communicated in the most appropriate format
- Work closely with Internal Communications colleagues to ensure all property communications are consistent and aligned but tailored to the property as required.
- Support in the delivery of content and management of all communications channels including, but not limited to, Town Halls, Leaders Forums, Newsletters, Intranet, Viva Engage, leader videos and employee activations.
- Flexibility to attend external business-related functions, events and/or activities (including the need to do so outside of standard business hours as required).
What we are looking for
- Strong stakeholder engagement and solution solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong innovative and creative thinking to develop communication materials that will engage and inspire.
- Collaborative approach with an ability to work across multi-levels of an organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Communications/PR/ Media or other related discipline from a recognised educational institution.
- Solid understanding, and preferably a minimum of 3 years of communications experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft products (Sharepoint, Viva Engage (Yammer), PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Canva) with preferable experience in video content editing and design.
Your creative, proactive attitude, and keen attention to detail shine through in everything you do. You're not just comfortable working on a wide variety of projects—you thrive in such environments. Your ability to build trusting relationships across all levels of expertise speaks volumes about your confidence and interpersonal skills.
Your role will be pivotal in shaping the success of our training and development offer for every team member at The Star. Join us in making a difference.
What can we offer you?
- Complimentary meal on site every day, including hot meals, sandwich bar and more
- Discounted parking available in the city
- Flexible working arrangements
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
- Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy – limitless career opportunities
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and being your best self
- Paid Parental leave from Day 1, Secondary Carer’s leave also on offer
- Mental Health and Wellbeing services
- Diversity & Inclusion areas of focus including Multicultural, Gender, Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander and LGBTQI+
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities.
We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend