Job no: 528899
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Gold Coast
The Star Gold Coast currently has an exciting opportunity to join the team as an Events Coordinator!
As the Events Coordinator, you will be Responsible for supporting the events team in the coordination and retention of conferences and events for The Star Gold Coast.
This role requires high levels of customer service and attention to detail while assisting the Events department with planning and administrational duties.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Assist the Event Planners with the coordination and smooth delivery of conferences and events at The Star Gold Coast
- Effectively manage all aspects of event planning administration
- Financial account management for all events on the property, including managing deposit schedules and invoice issuing
- Supporting the Event Planning Manager on event allocations of conference/event files for future business
- Partnering with the sales team to support prior communication between the client and the sales team of The Star Gold Coast.
- Ensure compliance, policies and procedures are followed and adhered to, as well as relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Working closely with event suppliers to ensure all aspects of events run smoothly
What can we offer you?
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniform prepared and ready for you daily on property
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants, and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJs at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend