Venue Manager | Sokyo
Job no: 519460
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
Awarded One Chef’s Hat for seven consecutive years by the Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Food Guide, Head Chef Chase Kojima and his team use the finest local produce to create an imaginative Japanese-inspired menu.
With its own fusion of uber-cool ambience and eclectic energy, Sokyo is an experience unlike any other. The 175-seat restaurant is located within the lobby of The Darling hotel, Sydney’s first and only luxury hotel to receive the prestigious Forbes five-star rating – the most coveted award in global luxury travel.
About the role
You will motivate and encourage the team to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests. You will be hands-on in your operational approach and be passionate about developing your career.
This is an opportunity to be mentored by some of the bests hospitality professionals in the industry, develop your career and be part of The Star’s F&B management team.
Reporting to the Director of Dining, you will;
- Build a guest culture to continuously deliver a thrilling experience in line with The Star’s Values
- Support your team career growth and development
- Maintain a constant presence on the floor, recognising our VIP guests
- Review and analyse the daily operational needs maintaining beverage, labour, product and expenses on budget
- Assist our marketing team to design and deliver promotional strategies to drive business
- You will have extensive restaurant management experience within a high end, high-volume, dynamic restaurant
- Strong product knowledge, ideally in Japanese cuisine and have strong understanding of current industry trends
- Previous experience leading a diverse team of 50 plus FOH staff
- Proven business acumen
- Training programs via The Star Academy
- $10 staff parking and free light rail travel between Central Station and The Star
- Free meals on shift
- Discounts across The Star's Hotels and Restaurants and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Don't miss out on this amazing role & Join Sydney's favourite place to play.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend