Junior Sous Chef | Banquets
Job no: 520365
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are looking for an aspiring Junior Sous Chef to join the Banquets team. You will support the Sous Chef and the Chef de Cuisine in a variety of high-profile events, ensuring a flawless and memorable dining experience for our guests. We are looking for someone with passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
This is an exciting opportunity to work in large culinary team of 30 experienced chefs, you will be working on a variety of different events in The Stars Banquets team. This will be a role where you are encouraged to showcase your creativity and have your input. The banquets team are always pushing for innovative dishes and methods.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a similar high volume, fast pace Events/Banquets operation.
- Tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Understanding of banquets operations and ensure overall operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team including mentoring junior members of the team
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain quality control
- Sound understanding of kitchen hygiene practices including HACCP standards
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Have thorough menu, product, portion control and preparation knowledge.
- Support the Sous Chef in preparation of menus and pricing policies by applying a sound knowledge of the following: - local requirements, market needs, competition - trends, recipes and availability of products
You will be part of a diverse team of chefs, they are warm, engaging, and dedicated to making a difference. They are hardworking and committed team players to be the best they can be to deliver a personalised service to our guests.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
So, if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend