- We have an unique and exciting Category Manager position available within our close-knit Procurement Team.
- If you have a passion for developing collaborative relationships, identifying and implementing new opportunities within a continuously expanding business then this could be the role for you.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Category Manager at The Star Entertainment Group you will be an influential individual working autonomously yet collaboratively, driving efficiencies and delivering outcomes. You will have extensive experience in leading the end-to-end procurement lifecycle and developing robust strategies and recommendations to achieve successful outcomes. You will be proficient in category management, contract negotiation, market and competitor analysis and data analytics.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
Category Management: Develop and implement robust sourcing and category strategies based on market research, intel and stakeholder requirements to drive efficiencies and achieve value for money. Monitor spend and develop and implement strategies to minimise uncontrolled spend.
Strategic Sourcing: Identify, develop and lead end-to-end sourcing activities to deliver efficiencies and value for money for the business while mitigating risks.
Negotiation: Develop and execute negotiation strategies and lead negotiations on complex, high impact and challenging supply arrangements, driving efficiencies and better value for money.
Market Analysis: Provide market and competitor analysis and insights, including key implications and recommendations.
Risk Management: Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational and ethical risks to minimise negative impact to category objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
Relationship Management: Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers.
Continuous Improvement: Develop a culture of innovation and continuous improvement with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong background in procurement, sourcing and category management with a comfortable knowledge of consumer and competition law
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced influencing and negotiation skills, commercial awareness and business acumen
- Team player capable of working collaboratively to deliver results for multiple stakeholders with competing demands
- Exceptional communication skills, a go-getter attitude and strategic mindset
- Proven ability to influence people for continuous improvement and value creation initiatives
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE lunch everyday
- Discounted staff parking
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.