Food & Beverage Supervisor
Job no: 521258
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s (TSEG) vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, our properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centered ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
About the role:
We are currently accepting applications for passionate Food & Beverage Supervisors to join the leadership team at The Star Sydney. The successful applicant for this role will need to be dynamic, well presented, pro-active to the needs of our guests, culturally sensitive and a real people person. In this role you will be responsible for the day–to-day operation of this high-end restaurant with effective supervision of the team.
Based on your experience you will be considered to one of our 18 venues covering casual dining, fine dining or premium gaming.
- Black Bar & Grill, Flying Fish, Sokyo, Chukka, Cucina Port, Bar Tikram
- Harvest Buffet, Food Quarter, In Room Dining, Fat Noodle
- 24/7 Sports Bar, Cherry Bar, G&Tea, Jade Rabbit
- VIP Gaming Rooms, Sovereign Dining, Oasis, Vantage
- Supervise team members and assist the Management Team complete all people planning requirements including recruitment, training and development and performance management of captains and team members.
- Monitor the quality of food and beverage service to ensure high standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure levels of customer service provided in the venues at all times is professional, hospitable, timely, effective and efficient and meets customer’s needs, bringing complaints to the attention of the Venue Manager when required.
- Set specific daily performance objectives for all team members and supervise the service flow and performance standards within the outlet.
- Make recommendations to the Venue Manager that will assist in maximising revenue and minimise costs in order to meet company and division budgets.
- Assist the team by identifying operational training requirements, and the development and implementation of training programs within the outlet in accordance with departmental objectives and best practice.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Supervisory experience within a premium bar/restaurant, or hotels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of personal grooming and professionalism
- Accreditation in Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive workplace relationships
- Flexibility and ability to work on a 24/7 rotational roster is a must
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation, in particular, the Liquor Act, the Responsible Service of Alcohol program, Industrial Relations laws and WH&S laws.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend