Job no: 521712
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Event Management
Would you like to work with some of the most experienced and passionate event professionals in Australia?
At the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCCEC), we are committed to providing an excellent experience for every person who visits our venue. Join Australia’s best business event venue and become part of our world-class team that creates memorable experiences as it brings some of Australia’s most exciting events to life.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated and self-driven event enthusiast to join the successful Event Management team here at the GCCEC. The Event Management team are responsible for the planning and coordination of all events to ensure wonderfully memorable event experiences for our clients.
The primary objective of the Event Planner role is to support the Event Managers with the coordination of small events and exhibitor sales and services for large conferences and exhibitions. Our Event Planners get to experience many facets of event management from sales, client liaison, client relationship management, event planning, project management, communications and administration of events.
This role plays an integral part in the Centre’s success and achieves this through the following general responsibilities:
- Providing information to potential clients, conducting site tours and assisting in winning client business together with Sales team
- Meeting with clients, planning their event and completing event orders and distributing to the relevant departments within the Centre
- Support the Event Managers by selling and managing exhibitor services for conferences and events
- Monitoring the progress of events as they are being set up and rolled out
- Directly contributing and encouraging a positive working relationship between the Event Management team and other teams within the Centre to ensure smooth delivery of events
- Effective administration of the Event Business Management Systems database (Ungerboeck USI)
- Maintaining solid current knowledge and familiarity with the Centre’s capabilities and the team to correctly plan events
- Developing strong working relationships with clients and other external stakeholders and encouraging established clients to re-book for events
- Staying abreast of industry trends and general market knowledge
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in a similar role acquired from a large venue such as a Convention Centre or other related event or conference facility. They will also possess comprehensive administration and computer skills, written and verbal communication skills, negotiation and selling skills. Liaising with clients will come naturally, as will the ability and desire to maintain long-term relationships with new and existing clients and to work within a team environment.
Qualifications in event management and experience with event management software is not essential although it will be highly regarded.
GCCEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering a wide range of employee benefits including free undercover parking, an onsite team member café, access to an employee assistance program, health and wellbeing programs, training and development and much more.
Applications for this role will be accepted until 6th December 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend