General Hand - Events / Banquets
Job no: 518402
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are looking for dedicated Cook/General Hand to join our Events/Banquets Culinary team within The Star. This is an opportunity for you to work with some of the best chefs in Australia, learn new techniques and use brand new equipment.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen is essential
- Experience working in events or banquets is desirable
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume operation
It is essential that you have flexibility to work across a rotating roster.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be provided with a fantastic working environment, meals daily, fully laundered uniforms and other great benefits.
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Competitive salary - This is a Permanent Part Time position - Hourly rate of $22.31 + penalties + leave benefits
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Training opportunities
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
If you are passionate about food and the taking the next step in your career please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend