Job no: 521226
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Gold Coast
Categories: Business Development, Hotel, Retail
An exciting opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening leadership team for The Star Residences, a stunning new development within The Star Gold Coast’s world-class integrated resort.
Due to open in early 2022 this magnificent property is the first of up to five new towers to be developed as part of The Star’s unrivalled $2 billion masterplan, with approved provision for the development of additional hotels and residences.
In the first tower, The Star Residences comprises 422 apartments offering opportunities to live in the heart of The Star Gold Coast’s resort with short-term stays, long-term rentals and permanent residency.
A new development that’s a first for The Star Entertainment Group, The Star Residences will provide Team Members with an exciting opportunity to grow their careers across the Group’s increasingly diverse portfolio in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Manager to join our team, where you will manage a portfolio of hotels and residences at The Star Gold Coast. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years’ experience in a similar role and have worked within strata management previously. You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work closely with various stakeholders to ensure revenue maximisation is achieved across departments. You will enjoy working proactively in a fast-paced growth environment and contribute to the development and implementation of strategic financial plans.
In this role your primary focus in the first year will be on our Star Gold Coast Hotels and newly developed Star Residences. Your key objective will be to implement rate and inventory strategies, ensuring that all areas of the business are aligned with regards to implementation, maintenance, and measurement of revenue maximisation.
Key responsibilities in the role include but not limited to:
- Create and develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to support with proactive delivery of revenue management strategies
- Use your Strata Management experience to manage and analyse changing inventory, strategizing around length of stay options, pricing and daily reviews of minimum return to the owners
- Commercial responsibility for all properties revenues in Gold Coast, achieved by utilising a proactive strategy to recommend changes, set pricing, and develop a clear understanding of all revenue related statistics
- Have a clear understanding of all revenue related statistics at your properties including competitor trends, length of stay, reservation and cancellation lead time, and other market trends including seasonal impact
- Produce reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to identify statistics and trends related to revenue objectives
Be your best self
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role within a fast paced and evolving high growth environment
- Tertiary Qualification in Hospitality, Business or a related discipline in Revenue Management
- Demonstrated ability to be a key contributor to the development and implementation of strategic financial plans
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual ability
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Bringing your career to The Star Entertainment Group means you will join us on our planned growth trajectory to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Groupwide Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
- Complimentary meal every day
- Parking on site at our Gold Coast property
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Get in touch
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to talk to you! Click the link below and get in touch today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend