Sous Chef | ELE by Federico & Karl
Job no: 524141
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Chef / cook
An exciting opportunity has become available for an expert Sous Chef to join The Star’s newest and most luxurious venue, ELE by Federico & Karl. Drawing on the elements of fire, water, earth and air, ELE maps a menu of sensory experiences. Moment by moment, space by space.
In this role, you will ensure a fresh, positive and exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery, and the execution of product excellence and service are paramount. This is a rare opportunity to work with 2 of Australia’s acclaimed chefs, Karl Firla and Federico Zanellato!
Some of the outstanding benefits you can enjoy are:
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity working alongside Karl Firla and Federico Zanellato
- Acess to some of the bes produce in Australia
- 4-day working week with Sundays off.
- Onboarding and training in your department, with supervisor support on each shift
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal, sandwich and salad bar with a new menu everyday at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- $10/day parking available on property
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
We are looking for new team members who want to show a passion and think outside the box for our progressive menu.
The ideal candidate will be someone with the following:
- Certification in Commercial Cookery
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef working in hatted restaurant/fine dining venue.
- Work closely with Head Chef to plan, source and control in Kitchen
- Guide, train, develop and help mentor the team.
- Ability to commit to 40 hours per week working varied shifts, mainly evening shifts
- Show a passion and commitment to the food and kitchen and ability to work within the team
Do you want to be part of our newest luxury venue and launch your Culinary career to the next level? Join our newest project at The Star Sydney and apply now!
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend