F&B Operations Manager | Resort Dining
Job no: 524509
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Food & Beverage Operations Manager to join The Star Sydney!
This role will be responsible for managing and developing all Food & Beverage team members within our Signature dining outlets. As a leader you will be working closely with venue managers and other team members by guiding the team towards achieving all departmental and company goals. The portfolio consists of Black, Sokyo, ELE, Cucina, Flying Fish, and Bar Tikram.
With your passion for service excellence, use your highly tuned organisational skills and attention to detail to coordinate the F&B operations where no two days are the same. Your ability to train and develop your team to support the operations will see your team’s success.
What your day to day looks like?
- Recommend strategies to the Director of Food and Beverage with ways in which to drive revenue, maintain costs and the return of guests
- Ensure that the food and beverage operations are run within budgetary requirements for labour, product, and operational expenses
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Accountable for maintaining guest focus in all services, ensuring that guest service delivery is timely, effective, and efficient and that it meets the guest's needs
- Monitor, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery to continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business within the Signature Dining Portfolio
- Implement and actively promote all guest related service standards ensuring positive guest relations, taking to mind that these guests are valuable
- Mentor team members and complete all people planning requirements including overseeing rosters, recruitment, training and development and performance management of the team in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme.
Besides joining a well-established Food & Beverage team that prides itself on working with regular guests, we can also offer:
- Permanent, Full time role w/competitive salary packaging + bonus structure
- Paid leave entitlements including annual and personal leave
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
- 30% off our Food & Beverage venues plus amazing discounts across our properties.
- Free buffet meals are included on every shift at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to Fish Markets
- Discounted, $10 per day parking on property
What are we looking for?
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to develop large teams including succession planning, retention, and growth strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management, controlling labour costs and operating expenses
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change.
- Experience in managing high-end award-winning restaurants, bars, or outlets.
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation in particular, the Liquor Act, the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme, Industrial Relations laws, and OH&S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible availability to meet the demands of a 24/7 business
- Strong commercial acumen and sound competency with Microsoft Office applications
Apply now and become part of our amazing team!
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend