Assistant Manager | Flying Fish
Job no: 519549
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
Flying Fish is known for its exceptional seasonal and sophisticated seafood-driven menu, delivered to diners with expert service and flair along with stunning views of the Sydney city skyline.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager who can lead, inspire and guide a diverse team of 30 F&B Servers and manage a restaurant capacity of 150 seats. You will be hands-on in your operational approach and be passionate about developing your career.
The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of wine, restaurant operations, and have solid experience in a similar role within a high-end restaurant.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager you will;
- Execute high levels of warm, uncompromising and bespoke customer service
- Supervise, guide and hold staff accountable in the daily operations
- Lead by example, assisting on the floor when necessary
- Lead and motivate the team to continuously deliver a thrilling experience in line with The Star's service culture
- Recruit, develop and train our team
- Work with the Restaurant Manager to analyse financial performance by managing the stock, controlling costs, P&L, wages and other incidentals
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of emotional intelligence to deal with a diverse range of guests
- Proactive, problem-solving skills and attention to detail highly regarded
- Strong product knowledge, particularly seafood cuisine is advantageous
- Proven business acumen
- Training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend