Job no: 519663
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Security Officer at The Star you'll be provided with a professional & supportive start - two weeks paid full-time training including buddy shifts to ensure you're confident to provide the best possible customer service to our guests when you hit the floor.
This role is based in the Safety Team of the Asset Protection department working closely with the Surveillance Team. You will be working in our popular licenced venues.
- Handle anti-social behaviour and take appropriate action
- Control illegal and undesirable behaviour
- Communication via two-way radio
- Reduce risk and ensure safety of guests and staff
- Provide excellent guest service and address all inquiries professionally
- RSA monitoring
Skills and experience:
- Current full NSW SLED 1AC Security Licence
- NSW RSA and RCG Competency Cards or willing to obtain
- Senior First Aid
- Customer service experience in a licenced venue such as bars and clubs are preferable but not mandatory
- Discounts across award-winning restaurants and accommodation
- Paid Parental leave from Day 1, Secondary Carer’s leave also on offer
- Mental Health and Wellbeing services
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal at our back of house staff dining room
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- Uniforms provided & maintained for every shift
- Paid training, on-going career development opportunities at The Star
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
NSW SLED Master Licensee: Mr David Mackay, General Manager Asset Protection and Operational Resilience, The Star Pty Ltd, Master Licence Number 407367912
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend