Steward | The Star
Job no: 520042
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences to over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home of some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated stewards to join our team at The Star. You will support the different venues at The Star by ensuring our kitchens remain hygienic and safe. If you are highly organised, quick on your feet and have the flexibility to work between a range of different kitchens we want to hear from you!
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Steward in a large-scale industrial kitchen
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge on how to use kitchen cleaning chemicals in a safe way
- Knowledge of hygienic kitchen and cleaning practices
- Assist with restocking of kitchen items and equipment
- Comfortable moving (including pulling and pushing) heavy objects
The Star is open 24/7, so it is essential that you have availability to work across a rotating roster including overnights.
- Extensive training and career development
- Experience working with commercial dishwashers and kitchen cleaning.
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform including shoes provided
- Discounts across The Star’s hotels and restaurants
- Free light rail from Central Station to The Star
- Discounted staff parking
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend