Guest Support Manager
Job no: 520998
Work type: Fixed Term Full-Time, Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Guest Support Manager at the Star Entertainment Group (Sydney), your main goal will be to manage responsible gambling specifically related to, guest interactions, exclusion and revocation processes. This will be achieved by providing subject matter expertise and assistance to our operational and senior management team, to ensure the alignment of responsible gambling standards are maintained.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Identify signs of gambling problems and support guests to make adequate decisions about their ongoing gambling activity
- Manage customer relationships to resolve queries and concerns with diplomacy and tact
- Support the Group Manager Responsible Gaming in the development and implementation of a department strategy that supports the achievement of the Company’s strategy
- Communicate and implement policies and procedures to all employees ensuring responsible gambling standards are maintained
- Conduct assessments of all relevant data sources to ensure that information relating to exclusion orders is current & accurate and that appropriate confidentiality is maintained
- Assist development of systems and monthly reporting processes to monitor the effectiveness of the department’s strategy in identifying and mitigating key Responsible Gambling risks
- Ensure compliance with The Star Entertainment Group Code of Conduct, all internal policies and procedures and relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prior 2-3 years’ experience within a Guest Relations role – preferably in Responsible Gambling programs
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology – advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive and strong relationships
- Strong understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- Gambling industry experience – advantageous but not essential
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend