Job no: 521054
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Stewarding Supervisor to guide and support the backbone of our Food & Beverage department at the iconic Star Sydney.
As our Stewarding Supervisor, you'll be assisting the Chief Steward to lead and coordinate a team of 40+ Stewards by leading operations in accordance with our policies, procedures and regulatory requirements whilst providing the highest level of experience to our colleagues, members and guests.
The Star Sydney offers the city’s finest restaurants, the coolest selection of bars, and a truly world-class spa, casino and five-star accommodation. Join our outstanding team to ensure the seamless operation of all our Food & Beverage outlets.
You can prepare to enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Permanent Full Time role with permanent benefits including annual leave
- Onboarding and training in your department, with ample support from senior leaders
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal, sandwich and salad bar with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- $10/day parking available on property
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
- Joining an established and large Food & Beverage team, with endless career growth and opportunities to learn and develop your career
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in performing duties that can include ware-washing, cleaning, soaking and sanitation.
- Developing and maintaining high standards of service and hygiene within outlets
- Engaging and communicating with outlet managers to ensure that operational and service requirements are maintained
- Recruiting, training and developing the team
- Participating in initiatives for waste management and recycling.
As this leadership role is highly passionate about cleanliness and hygiene, the successful candidate will have:
- Proven working experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- A clear understanding of recycling and WHS procedures
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Availability to work across a 24/7 rotating roster - mainly focusing on afternoon/evening shifts
- Full availability to commit to 40 hours per week on a rotating roster.
Do you want to be part of this fantastic opportunity? Don't miss out on this chance and apply now!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We encourage applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend