Job no: 521724
Work type: Casual
Location: Gold Coast
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast team within our Entertainment Services Department.
We are currently accepting applications for various positions within our Entertainment Services Department, in these roles you will deliver the Lighting, AV or Theatrical Employee services to the Theatre and Event space.
As an Events Technician, you will deliver specific lighting services to the theatre and event space including the provision of lighting design, programming, effects, follow spot operation, platform lighting and theatrical lighting.
What are we looking for within these roles?
- Experience with installation and operation of Audio, Vision and lighting systems for conferences and events
- Knowledge and operation of equipment for live Streaming and Hybrid events advantageous
- Understanding of Camera set up and operation for live corporate events
- Rigging ticket and EWP licence advantageous
- Experience within the corporate audio-visual and live events industry
- Previous maintenance experience together with an ability to fault find with an eye for detail
- Skills to make changes to the lighting design and programming of the show
- Knowledge of and ability to operate and program lighting equipment in a corporate and live event or concert environment
- You will have the strong ability to work from production drawings, prints or plans and have skills in operating, maintaining, setting up and adjusting all lighting production equipment
What can we offer you?
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- Lifestyle and wellbeing discounts and benefits, including EAP & gym memberships
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniform prepared and ready for you daily on property
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJ’s at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend