Senior Management Accountant
Job no: 521736
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join our Corporate Finance team who can deliver high quality customer service-oriented management accounting services for The Star Entertainment Group.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
As our Senior Management Accountant, you will perform management accounting services for the property/function including journal preparation, accrual reviews, cost allocations, assist with month end GL close and monthly management reporting, variance and business support.
You will be responsible for supervise, mentor and coach direct reports members to deliver excellence and consistency in data management, management accounting and recurring reporting requirements across the group and strive to align and automate key processes and reports to achieve efficient outcomes.
You will be a trusted business partner and have high engagement with the finance teams and cost centre managers. You will have an appetite for continuous improvement and alignment.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Perform analysis of P&L to assist with month end processing and reporting.
- Liaise and assist business partners including cost centre owners with all accounting and reporting related matters and queries.
- Provide support to CFOs, Commercial Managers, Group Finance and business managers through adhoc financial analysis and reporting.
- Educate cost centre owners to assist business decision making and obtain financial information themselves.
- Support the provision of excellence and consistency in data management of the KPI’s.
- Active involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Identify and implement initiatives to achieve alignment, standardisation and excellence in reporting and analysis, and reduce duplication of reporting through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Champion collaboration between all finance support for the group, and support effective communication and accountability between Accounting Services, FP&A and the Commercial Manager groups to achieve finance objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CA/ CPA qualified (5 years+)
- Demonstrated experience in Management accounting or FP&A role (5 years+)
- Excellent MS Excel skills and experience using large ERP (Oracle) and TM1
- Superior time management and strong understanding of financial principles and procedures
- High level numeracy and communication skills, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Adept at building relationships and engaging stakeholders.
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend