Demi Chef | Baker | The Star Gold Coast
Job no: 522143
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast within our Culinary team.
With around 350 Chefs on the team, including industry professionals with decades of experience, there are endless opportunities for learning and growth! The Star Gold Coast boasts a variety of restaurants ranging from buffet to casual and fine dining, banquets, in-room dining and one of the largest production kitchens in the southern hemisphere. The team are fun and hard-working and take pride to ensure every guest enjoys a delicious dining experience.
We are currently looking for a qualified and creative Demi Chef (Pastry/Baker) to join our culinary team. This is an opportunity for you to work with some of the best chefs in Australia, learn new techniques and use modern equipment.
Have you got what it takes?
- Culinary qualifications in Patisserie qualifications (Patisserie Cert 3 or equivalent)
- Prior experience in a high-volume pastry kitchen
- A passion for a diverse range of food and a keen desire for continuous learning
- Strong knowledge of HACCP / Food Safety with a strong commitment to WH&S
- Flexibility to work across a 6-day roster
- A warm, naturally engaging personality that takes pride in delivering a memorable product
What can we offer you?
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues at all 3 of our extraordinary properties
- Free meal with a new menu every single day
- Lifestyle and wellbeing discounts and benefits
- Career development, training, and courses via our very own The Star Academy
- Generous Paid Leave for primary and secondary carers
- Extraordinary growth opportunities for the right candidate both personally and professionally
- Opportunity to work with elite professionals and assets
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centered ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining our team, submit your expression of interest with the links below or head to our website to check out the positions currently available. We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend