Junior Sous Chef | The Star Sydney
Job no: 522267
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences for over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home to some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently looking for passionate and highly dedicated applicants to join our Culinary Team as a Junior Sous Chef in one of our exciting venues.
Based on your skills and experience, we can explore options and assign you to join one of The Star Sydney’s signature or casual dining restaurants including:
- Black Bar & Grill
- Flying Fish
- In-Room Dining
- Fat Noodle and more!
This is a phenomenal opportunity for you to progress your career and develop your skills under the mentorship of some of the best chefs in Sydney.
Successful candidates will have:
- Solid experience Demi Chef/Chef de Partie
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Willingness to learn and develop in Culinary.
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques, and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and work as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Based on the venue, some duties will include but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for overseeing a section of the kitchen
- Train staff at lower levels, coach, and guide employees to perform kitchen operations
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards
This is an exciting time for you to join our team at The Star Sydney to showcase and develop your skills in our Culinary. Explore our options, be part of some of the best kitchens in Australia and apply now!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend