Job no: 523970
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Chef / cook
We are currently accepting applications for Demi Chefs to join our Treasury Brisbane Culinary Team. This essential role will see you supervising and assisting with the organisation of sections to be prepared in line with the Sous Chef’s direction. You will be responsible for daily specials, support specific stations, and provide guidance to team members under your direction.
We currently have vacancies in our Pastry and Production Kitchens!
Why work with us?
- Permanent, Full Time Role
- Rosters confirmed in advance and available direct to your mobile
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on property
- Discounted staff parking available in the city
- Opportunity to grow your Culinary Career at The Star
- The Star is a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity
- Looking for something else here? Apply today and let us know!
What are we looking for?
- Culinary qualifications (Commercial Cookery Cert III or Patisserie) and prior experience in an up-market, high volume operation desirable
- Someone who is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of European, Australian or Asian cooking styles
- Flexibility to work across a range of days, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work collaboratively and create positive relationships with others
About Treasury Brisbane
Treasury Brisbane showcases old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
In recent years, the property has welcomed acclaimed dining venues including Celebrity Chef Luke Nguyen’s Fat Noodle (2012), Black Hide by Gambaro (2018) and a new look Livewire 24/7 Sports Bar (2020).
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It’s your move, apply today!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend