Surveillance Trainee Operator
Job no: 523971
Work type: Permanent Full Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
About the role
Treasury Brisbane is currently taking applications for Surveillance Trainee Operators to join our Surveillance team and obtain the necessary skills and knowledge to progress and perform the role of Surveillance Operator.
As a Surveillance Trainee Operator, you will undertake relevant training and assessments to perform the trainee operator function. This will require you to monitor, accurately record, investigate and report threats to casino revenue, safety of persons, illegal/undesirable activity and the integrity of gaming operations in an efficient and effective manner.
You will work as part of a small, cohesive team who is responsible for providing an effective and efficient response to all safety and security communication needs for the property, striving to maintain a safe environment for our team members and guests.
- High level of personal integrity and ability to work in an extremely restricted and confidential environment
- Proven commitment to providing exceptional guest service to all external and internal customers
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle emergency situations in a timely and professional manner
- Sharp observation and retentive memory skills
- Self-discipline and the ability to follow regimented procedures
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes and systems
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- The desire for a long term career within the Surveillance field
- Availability to work any shift during a 24hr rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays (shifts are predominantly 12 hours, with the occasional shorter shift)
- Currently hold, or be eligible to obtain, a Queensland Casino License (CE) or Queensland Key Employee Casino License (KE)
About our benefits
- Free meal every shift – staff cafeteria provides a buffet-style selection with a new menu every single day
- 30% team member discounts across award-winning venues at our Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney properties
- Lifestyle and wellbeing discounts and benefits, including gym memberships
- Opportunities for career growth, as well as training and courses via The Star Academy
- Generous parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas, including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you are looking for a career in Asset protection and would like to join our dynamic Surveillance team, click on the link below and apply today!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend