GLDP Level 2 | Table Games
Job no: 524413
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Categories: Table Games/Dealers
We encourage our team members to harness their natural strengths and interests and explore diverse roles via a multitude of career paths. We are hoping to fill this role internally and welcome applications from current team members.
About the Role
The Gaming Leadership Development Program (GLDP) is centred on practical learning and has been designed to ensure you are equipped with demonstrable new skills and behaviours to meet your leadership goals.
Throughout the twelve-month program, you will shadow a current Table Games Assistant Gaming Manager and learn the critical techniques, leadership skills and confidence you need to transition into a leadership role. You will learn to delegate effectively, set realistic goals and coach others to achieve business outcomes.
To enhance your learning experience, the program will be delivered as a blended learning experience where you will learn the role through shadowing as Assistant Gaming Manager, acquire relative professional experience through cross business learning opportunities and be used in a Higher Duties (HD) capacity as required by the business.
- Preference to active Gaming Supervisors of the Table Games Department with the endorsement of your team leader
- You must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a supervisor’s role
- You must have an acceptable performance record in your current role
- Absolute passion for guest service, and be uncompromising in your delivery
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Exceptional leadership / team building skills
- Demonstrated numerical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Have a strong desire to succeed and further your career at The Star
Important to note:
- Upon successful completion of the program, and based on business needs, you may assume the responsibilities of an Assistant Gaming Manager in a HD capacity
- Preferred shift requests will need to be reviewed prior to commencement of the program
- Your roster will likely change to align with the programs structure
- We require full commitment to the program from successful applicants, and that they work with the program coordinator to undertake any reasonable request
- Your total performance history will be taken into consideration when determining your suitability
- Applicants moving to the next stage of the process will be required to complete a video interview; there may also be a second round of interviews
No resume is required to be submitted with you application, however you will need to upload your cover letter addressing the following
Please note, there is no need to submit your resume. However, we do require that you attach a cover letter outlining the following:
- How do you fulfil the requirements of the role as outlined in the job advert?
- What previous experience/learnings, either internally or externally, would support your application for this development opportunity?
- Why are you the best applicant for the GLDP 2?
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you're a high performer, with a passion for furthering your career, then we want to hear from you!
You will need the endorsement of your Team Leader by the cut-off date to progress with your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend