Job no: 524498
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Team administrators
The Star Sydney is hiring! We are seeking the expertise of an organised, proactive, detail-oriented self-starter to join The Star Entertainment Group providing support to our Hospitality Portfolio.
You will be an empathetic individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to both articulate their point, listen actively to others, and maintain confidentiality.
In this key support role, you will be responsible for a wide range of assignments which include:
- Diary and meeting coordination for F&B Directors
- Travel and project management
- Supporting the Executive Assistant in all administration duties when required
- Support Hotel, F&B operations, and culinary team
- Maintaining data in internal systems
- Pulling and circulating internal reports
- Systems and process training for all team members in the portfolio
- Assisting with the onboarding of new team members in the leadership team when required
- Processing of expenses and external invoices
- Effective and efficient administrative support for teams
- Participation in meetings where required – coordination of agendas, building of packs, minute taking, actions, and tracking
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an employee of The Star, you will have access to and benefit from:
- Paid leave entitlements including annual and personal leave
- Flexible work option from home 1 to 2 days per week
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
- 30% off our Food & Beverage venues plus amazing discounts across our properties.
- Free buffet meals are included on every shift at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to Fish Markets
- Discounted, $10 per day parking on property
To meet the challenge of this busy role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Hospitality or F&B operations industry ideal
- Strong MS Office skills; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to pick up a task or project and manage the process to completion
- Strong time management and ability to multi-task
- Working with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong analytical and communication skills
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend