Junior Sous Chef
Job no: 527130
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences for over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home to some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodations and truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently looking for passionate and highly dedicated applicant to join our pastry operation team as a Junior Sous Chef.
The salary on offer for this role is $78,855 inclusive of superannuation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to progress your career and develop your skills under the mentorship of some of the best chefs in Sydney!
Some of the amazing benefits you can enjoy as a team member are:
- Work/Life balance
- Supportive Management team
- Permanent Full-Time role with permanent benefits including annual leave
- Onboarding and training in your department, with ample support from senior leaders
- 30% Discounts across award-winning restaurants and accommodation
- Mental Health and Wellbeing services
- Diversity & Inclusion areas of focus include Multicultural, Gender, Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander and LGBTQI+
- FREE buffet meal, sandwich and salad bar with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Discounted staff parking available every day
- Uniforms prepared and ready for you daily on the property
- Joining an established and large Culinary team, with endless career growth and opportunities to learn and develop
Successful candidates will have:
- Solid experience in Pastry production and relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery/Patiserrie
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques, and kitchen equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week working varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Based on the venue, some duties will include but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for supervising a section of the kitchen
- Train staff at lower levels, coach, and guide employees to perform kitchen operations
- Handle and follow up on all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards
Join our team in Sydney to showcase and develop your skills in our Culinary. Explore our options, be part of the best kitchens in Australia and apply now!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend