At The Star Entertainment Group, we aim to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Our mission is to create fun and memorable experiences for the millions of guests we welcome each year at our trusted destinations.
Our properties across Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast are world-class with many award-winning hotels, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) is an ASX-listed company committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. TSEG will achieve this by leading with integrity and values to enable us to provide entertainment, gaming, and leisure experiences safely, responsibly, and ethically.
As our Anti-Money Laundering Analyst reporting to the AML Manager, you will perform a wide range of analysis, recording and reporting actions in accordance with The Star’s AML/CTF Program and regulatory statutory requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is not only passionate about ensuring financial integrity but thrives on sharing your expertise and training team members, enhancing their AML knowledge and skills.
Permanent FT opportunity based in Brisbane or Sydney
A few of your responsibilities:
- Undertake accurate assessment of Transaction Monitoring alerts, including data review of table and EGM play, cage/account records, bank deposits, telegraphic transfers, surveillance/security reports.
- Re-verification of KYC information and escalation of customer ID discrepancies.
- Review of unusual activity referrals from internal employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of work plans including setting task priorities, managing workflow and allocating resources effectively.
- Complete Customer Risk Assessments, compiling thorough reports as required.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as an AML Analyst in a casino, gaming or financial services environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in either Law, Criminology, Economics or Accounting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international banking requirements.
- Experience coaching and developing other team members.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
You are a seasoned AML Analyst, who navigates financial transactions with precision, focusing on detail to detect suspicious activities. You work with independence and limited direction against established priorities to deliver quality and timely outcomes and collaborate and support your team members.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible and agile working culture across a geographically diverse organisation
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation at all 3 properties
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE meal each day at our Employee Dining Room, including sandwich bar, hot meals and more!
- Discounted parking available
- Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities.
We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.