At The Star Entertainment Group, we aim to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Our mission is to create fun and memorable experiences for the millions of guests we welcome each year at our trusted destinations.
Our properties across Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast are world-class with many award-winning hotels, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) is an ASX-listed company committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. TSEG will achieve this by leading with integrity and values to enable us to provide entertainment, gaming, and leisure experiences safely, responsibly, and ethically.
As the General Manager, Surveillance, reporting to the directly into the Chief Executive Officer, Sydney, you will lead the overall strategic management and direction for the operation of the Surveillance function to ensure the long-term safety and security of guests and team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will have responsibility for CCTV, Facial Recognition, Security Access Control and Two Way Radio within the Star Sydney, ensuring their performance in accordance with regulatory expectations and their effectiveness in mitigating risk and increasing guest and employee safety.
A few of your responsibilities
· Oversee the management and daily operation of the Surveillance division to achieve the business and departmental objectives
· Formulate measures to enhance protection of The Star’s assets and prevention and detection of criminal, illegal and undesirable activity.
· Lead the development of surveillance strategies and standards whilst ensuring consistent and high-quality delivery of technical advice and support
· Provide leadership to the Surveillance team, including identifying team member development opportunities and fostering future talent
· Liaise with The Star Investigations team, to ensure casino operations are conducted in accordance with the highest standards of integrity.
What we are looking for
· Extensive experience in surveillance and management within the casino industry
· Broad experience in Casino game protection surveillance, knowledge of casino gaming, scams and cheating techniques across multiple game types and management
· Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation, in particular, Casino Control Act and regulations, NSW Liquor Act, Security Industry Act and Crimes Act.
· Demonstrated competency in workforce planning, coaching, management, and engagement
· Ability to communicate and implement all statutory processes
You are a seasoned leader that will provide specialist expertise and insights to a range of stakeholders across game integrity, surveillance operations and systems whilst ensuring a strong operational resilience capability of the Star’s system technologies that protect company assets.
Your role will be pivotal in shaping the success and of the Surveillance function at The Star Sydney. Join us in making a difference.
What can we offer you?
· Complimentary meal on site every day, including hot meals, sandwich bar and more
· Discounted parking available in the city
· Flexible working arrangements
· 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
· Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
· Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy – limitless career opportunities
· Mental Health and Wellbeing services
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities.
We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.