Junior Sous Chef (Pizza) | Cucina Porto
Job no: 521388
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
At The Star Entertainment Group (TSEG) our talented teams create unique experiences for over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties at The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home to some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently looking for passionate and highly dedicated applicants to join our Cucina Porto Team as a Junior Sous Chef.
Successful candidates will have:
- 2-3 years experience as a pizza chef
- Proficient working with stone gas oven
- Knowledge of Roman and Neapolitan style pizza from scratch including Hand-stretching
- Great communication in the pizza section, a team player and able to multi-task in the kitchen
- Attention to detail plus a professional and great attitude.
- Good management while working under pressure and entertaining guests at the pizza counter
- Ambition to learn and take the pizza to next level
Some duties will include but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for overseeing the pizza section of the kitchen
- Train staff at lower levels, coach, and guide employees to perform kitchen operations
- Handle and follow up all incidents immediately, and report accurately
- Maintaining food cost to parameter given by the company
- Keeping outlet ahead of HACCP standards
You will be part of a diverse team of chefs. They are warm, engaging, and dedicated to making a difference. Hardworking and committed team players aiming to be the best they can be to deliver a personalised service to our guests while learning and progressing your knowledge in the Culinary world.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
This is an exciting opportunity for you to progress your career and develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Sydney. Explore our options and apply now!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend