Job no: 519619
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Queensland, Gold Coast
The Star Entertainment Group is a leading owner and operator of integrated resorts and casinos in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Our Group is experiencing an exciting time of growth and targeted investment across all our properties.
Our industry is fast paced, highly competitive and our operations are broad and dynamic. We operate across culturally diverse segments within local and international markets. Our commitment is that every one of our guests enjoys a thrilling experience and that reflects a local pride in everything we do. We understand that true teamwork drives outstanding outcomes for both our team members and for our guests.
A rare opportunity is open for an experienced Sommelier to join the Food & Beverage Team!
About the role:
To drive the collective performance of The Star Gold Coast’s Food and Beverage outlets by:
- Developing and driving The Star Gold Coast’s wine and spirits strategy to grow margins across the property’s F&B portfolio
- Enhancing wine and spirits knowledge and service standards through education programs
- Championing excellence in guest experience curation
- Developing and driving upselling, cross-selling programs
- Cultivating a fresh, positive and exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount
- Developing and implementing the property-wide wine and spirits strategy that drives cash revenue and delivers margin improvement
- Managing strategic initiatives relating to beverage, from rebate and contract management to product pricing and placement
- Determining strategic vendor partnerships in curating wine and spirits lists for each outlet, in consultation with venue and procurement stakeholders
- Assisting with the development and implementation of wine and spirits education/ appreciation programs to raise product knowledge across the property, drive sales and establish The Star as a fine wine destination
- Taking a hands-on approach and lead from the front to guide and coach the team with respect to product knowledge, technical service upskilling, upselling and cross-selling
- Assisting with the analysis of relevant training requirements and support the training team with the development and implementation of structured training and development programs
- Working proactively with F&B Control and Warehouse on wine and beverage stock control and ensure that there is appropriate product rotation, cellaring of premium product and cash flow ratio KPI’s (i.e. sales per month/average stock on hand per month) to meet the operational needs of the business within set financial parameters.
To be successful you will have:
- Sommelier or extensive hospitality industry experience/ knowledge
- Member of Australian Sommelier Association (preferable)
- Previous venue management experience
- People Planning: demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and driving change.
- Accreditation in QLD Responsible Service of Alcohol
It’s your time to shine!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In exchange for your commitment and dedication you will be provided with unrivalled benefits and many other advantages that come with working at world-class integrated resort.
If you’re interested in joining the team, submit your application now or head to our website to check out the positions currently available.
We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend