Sous Chef | New Italian Restaurant
Job no: 519704
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Management, Chef / cook
A new Italian restaurant is coming to The Star and we are on the hunt for a Sous Chef.
This is a unique opportunity to Support the Chef De Cuisine set up all aspects of kitchen operations and build your own team!
You will be an energetic and professional Sous Chef with over 3 years’ experience and knowledge of Italian cuisine who has:
- Previous experience as JSC / Sous Chef
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of Italian produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and work as part of the team
- Proactive, problem-solving and attention to detail skills highly regarded
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
If you see yourself working in a fast-paced and high-volume restaurant (180 seat), offering guests a friendly and casual dining experience loaded with energy, fun and delicious traditional ‘home-cooked’ Italian meals. we want to hear from you!
Simply express your interest online by clicking on "Apply now" and upload your (updated) resume.
Benefits of working at The Star
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Due to current events, it is important to note you must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident and/or have full Australian working rights with no restrictions to be considered for this role. The Star Entertainment Group cannot offer international sponsorships at this time
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend