Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment, and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centred ideology that drives what we do each day.
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast team within our Stores department.
The Kitchen Store person is responsible for receiving, picking, distribution and organisation of goods from the loading dock and kitchen stores, and assisting outlets with receiving, stocking, and rotation of goods in outlet fridges, ensuring all damages and discrepancies are communicated following the correct process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring safe, efficient unloading and receipting of goods to outlets and fridges
- Ensuring accurate rotation of stock within food safety guidelines
- Assisting with roll cage management across the property
- Working with the senior chefs support the change management with outlets and wider teams
- Being the escalation point for congestion in corridors, waste, storage and staging issues
This is a very physical role; therefore, we require someone with energy, enthusiasm, and physical fitness. You will need to possess a ‘can do attitude’, have the ability to work under pressure to demanding time frames, have attention to detail and be customer focused.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Previous experience in a Stores Warehouse environment
- Food handling and ingredients knowledge – freshness, quality standard control
- Previous stocktaking experience
- Flexibility to work across a 24/7 roster
- Availability to work weekends will be a requirement
- A warm, naturally engaging personality that takes pride in delivering legendary service
It’s your time to shine!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining our team, apply with the links below or head to our website to check out the positions currently available.
We’d love to hear from you!