Job no: 521259
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s (TSEG) vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, our properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centered ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
About the role:
We are currently accepting applications for Assistant Managers in Food & Beverage wanting to join our Star Sydney team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Manager in venue operations ensuring a positive and exciting environment where flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
You will oversee the effectiveness of customer service, employee performance, development and service enhancements.
Based on your experience you will be considered to one of our 18 venues covering casual dining, fine dining or premium gaming.
- Black Bar & Grill, Flying Fish, Sokyo, Chukka, Cucina Port, Bar Tikram
- Harvest Buffet, Food Quarter, In Room Dining, Fat Noodle
- 24/7 Sports Bar, Cherry Bar, G&Tea, Jade Rabbit
- VIP Gaming Rooms, Sovereign Dining, Oasis, Vantage
- Execute high levels of warm, uncompromising and bespoke customer service
- Supervise, guide and hold staff accountable in the daily operations
- Lead by example, assisting on the floor when necessary
- Lead and motivate the team to continuously deliver a thrilling experience in line with The Star's service culture
- Recruit, develop and train our team
- Work with the Restaurant Manager to analyse financial performance by managing the stock, controlling costs, P&L, wages and other incidentals
- Manager restaurant operations
- Solid experience in a similar role as an Assistant Manager
- Strong in-depth product knowledge
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Available to work on a seven-day rotating roster
- Lead a team & drive guest service excellence
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- Free meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend