Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Job no: 521349
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Logistics & Warehouse
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager with extensive warehouse and/or supply chain management experience, to drive and support our current team and oversee the two warehouses and loading docks. The potential candidate will have experience in controlling and coordinating the warehouse and loading dock activities, ensuring efficiency and an economical utilisation of facilities for receiving, storing and distributing stock.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Provide ongoing evaluation of processes and seek to maximise and maintain efficiencies to ensure business objectives and budgets are met
- Develop and review policies and standard operating procedures, ensuring integrity of the operation and quality service standards are maintained
- Complete and oversee the daily administrative requirements of the warehouse & loading operations
- Ensure WHS, compliance and relevant legislations across warehouse and loading dock facilities are maintained
- Manage and oversee stock inventories and ensure all items are received in accordance with relevant HACCP requirements and product specifications and either stored or delivered to the appropriate business units promptly
- Lead and develop team members and ensure all training and development programs and training records are being maintained
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma of Logistics or Supply Chain Management / Cert. IV in Warehouse Management)
- Proven Leadership in large team and growing business
- Extensive experience in warehousing and/or supply chain management
- Analytical, numeracy, communication and Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safety and in particular, HACCP, WHS policies and procedures
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal on site with a new menu everyday
- Discounted staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training via The Star Academy
- Paid Parental leave from Day 1, Secondary Carer’s leave also on offer
- Mental Health and Wellbeing services
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend