Handyperson | The Star Residences
Job no: 523485
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Gold Coast
An exciting opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening team for The Star Residences, a stunning new development within The Star Gold Coast’s world-class integrated resort.
Open to guests from the 2nd quarter of 2022, this magnificent property is the first of up to five new towers to be developed as part of The Star’s unrivalled $2 billion masterplan, with approved provision for the development of additional hotels and residences.
In the first tower, The Star Residences comprises 422 apartments offering opportunities to live in the heart of The Star Gold Coast’s resort with short-term stays, long-term rentals and permanent residency.
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment, and hotels.
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
What we are looking for
We are currently seeking a Handyperson to support the pre-opening operations team across the Gold Coast precinct for our new The Star Residences!
This is a Full-Time position, working across a 24/7 roster.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Carry out work issued by supervisors from start through to completion, maintaining a high standard of performance and pride in workmanship
- Complete all work/repairs in a safe, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain an accurate and efficient log of all important activities
- Be available to assist as required in special projects or functions as requested by supervisors
- Ensure tools and equipment are in good running condition at all times and are properly stored and accounted for
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working as a Handyperson in a large hotel or resort environment
- Ability to assess, evaluate and discuss any unsolved problems related to completion of an assigned repair
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office and other computer systems to log and maintain accurate and up to date records
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- Diversity & Inclusion Groups including LGBTQI, Gender, Heritage and Indigenous
- Free buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Are you in? Make your next move by clicking the link below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend