Events Executive | 12-Months Max Term
Job no: 523774
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Our hard-working teams create unique experiences for over 18 million guests each year. With the vision to become Australia’s leading integrated resort company, our properties in Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane are world-class tourist destinations and home to some of Australia’s most awarded restaurants and bars, event centres, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
We are currently seeking an expert Events Executive to join our fun & multifaceted Events team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Reporting directly to the Events Manager you will complete the operation requirements of all onsite & offsite events across multiple portfolios.
This is a great opportunity to be part of our family and step into our amazing Events Centre facilities!
What can we offer?
- Extensive training and career development
- Free buffet meals on shift
- Freshly laundered uniform every single day
- 30% off our Food & Beverage outlets plus discounts across properties
- Free light rail from Central Station to The Star and discounted staff parking!
Some of your responsibilities as the Events Executive will be:
- Handle and lead all corporate events from start to finish
- Proactively seek opportunities to bring new clients and promote our brand's offering
- Responsible for all event needs, collaborate closely with relevant internal departments and suppliers to deliver a legendary guest experience
- Maintain a guest focus in all services, ensuring that the delivery is timely, effective and efficient
- Improve the guest service through the effective management of costs and the client’s service execution of the event.
The right candidate will be someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field are desirable
- Delphi & Opera experience is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability in Event Management, ideally within a reputable hospitality industry
- Understanding casino rules and regulations is advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Due to the nature of the industry having fun & exciting events happening across the year, this position may require weekend work from time to time.
If you are looking for your next challenge in Hospitality, apply now
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend