Job no: 524167
Work type: Permanent Full Time
The Star Sydney is hiring a Safety Advisor to be responsible for the strategic planning of Health & Safety action plans, ensuring effective controls are implemented to prevent injury incidents and compliance with regulatory requirements.
A key role you will be engaged with involves assisting our departments in applying the Safety Management System and ensure operational leaders across property are informed of corrective measures. It is essential that you proactively investigate and mitigate H&S risk issues by collaborating with regulatory authorities including Unions and industry associations, operational management, our Legal & Risk team, and business contractors.
- Develop partner relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide guidance on H&S programs
- Identify causes of risks by maintaining high levels of accuracy for regular on-site audits and inspections
- Review effective controls and Emergency Management Plans to guarantee The Star’s Code of Conduct and internal policies are delivered
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance obligations across operational departments are clearly articulated and plans are developed to meet these
What can we offer you?
- A Permanent, Full Time position with salary aligned to experience
- $10 per day discounted parking available on-site
- Free light rail from Central to Fish Markets for all Sydney Team Members
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- Lifestyle and wellbeing discounts and benefits, including EAP & gym memberships
- Free meal at our Employee Dining Room with a new menu each day
- Personal and career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- Generous Paid Leave for primary and secondary carers
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
- Career growth in some of Australia’s most reputable and highly awarded bars and restaurants
What are we looking for?
- Certificate IV Healthy and Safety or similar diploma degree/tertiary qualification
- Open-minded and proactive in taking on complex project tasks and investigating H&S risk issues
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage various stakeholders to support initiatives
- Understanding of WH&S compliance and government regulations including reporting requirements
- Capability to facilitate change and build knowledge with departments on action plans
With luxurious five-star accommodation, the city’s finest restaurants, the coolest selection of bars, and a truly world-class spa and casino, The Star Sydney offers so many ways to play. The Star’s signature dining portfolio boasts some of Australia’s most highly awarded bars and restaurants. We are also home to the all-luxury suite hotel, The Darling and our award winning $100-million Star Event Centre. To add to our entertainment offering is Marquee Sydney and The Sydney Lyric, hosting major musicals that attract guests from across the country.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend