Property Operations Technician | Shift Engineer
Job no: 528014
Work type: Casual
Location: Gold Coast
We are currently seeking an experienced HVAC Technician to join our Property Operations Team.
As a HVAC Technician your responsibilities will require you to attend mechanical maintenance requests whilst also ensuring prompt and polite execution of hotel guest needs throughout the Casino & Hotel. Candidates that have Building Management, HVAC, Refrigeration and Boiler experience will be highly regarded.
The ability to work across 12 hour shifts, 24 x 7 roster is required.
What are we looking for?
- Trade certificate in mechanical trade
- Compliant with QBCC regulatory requirements
- Previous experience in a logistic support role with engineering or maintenance
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in fault diagnostic
- Capability to identify hazards and risks and provide appropriate control measures
- Knowledge of various types of machinery and equipment
- Contractors responsible for servicing of machinery and responsible to co-ordinate service contractors.
- Experience with BMS or similar control systems and an understanding of commercial HVAC systems
What can we offer you?
- A Permanent, Full Time position in Gold Coast
- Potential for overtime
- 5 Weeks of annual leave
- Great work life balance
- Free buffet meal with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- Lifestyle and wellbeing discounts and benefits, including EAP & gym memberships
- Uniform prepared and ready for you daily on property
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJ’s at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend