Venue Manager | Garden Kitchen & Bar
Job no: 528541
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Gold Coast
We are looking for a team and guest focused Venue Manager for Garden Kitchen & Bar to join our talented team here at The Star Gold Coast!
As a leader, you will work closely with key stakeholders to deliver and coordinate operational functions across our signature venue, Garden Kitchen & Bar.
You will also be responsible for engaging, coaching and developing a world class team to create truly memorable experiences for our team members and guests by sharing your passion and knowledge with your team, encouraging them to shine and be their best selves to deliver exceptional guest experiences.
What does it take to lead these venues?
- Experience in managing day-to-day operations of a unique venue offering to deliver exceptional experiences
- Overseeing all Team Member related initiatives including coaching, development, engagement, succession planning and retention
- Planning and executing bespoke events in line with guest experience strategy leveraging on F&B supplier partnerships
- Reviewing and analysing the daily operational needs maintaining beverage, labour, product, and expenses on budget
- Leading and motivating the team to continuously deliver guest experience in line with our service culture
- Personally monitor team member performance on the floor with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Providing recommendations for guest, team, operational or compliance improvements
- Awareness and implementation of compliance and duty of care operational requirements such as Responsible service of Alcohol
What can we offer you?
- Permanent, Fulltime role with competitive salary packaging + bonus structure
- Paid leave entitlements including annual and personal leave
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
- 30% off our Food & Beverage venues plus amazing discounts across our properties
- FREE meal each day in our Employee Dining Room
- Career growth and stability, as our Food & Beverage team is projected for growth over the next 5 years
- The Star has been awarded the WGEA recognition as Employer of Choice for Gender Equity
What are we looking for?
- Extensive venue management experience in high-end restaurants, executive lounges or bars
- A hands-on operational approach and be passionate about developing your career within hospitality
- Outstanding standards, professionalism, and a commitment to guest service
- A passion for service – someone who loves to build rapport with your regular guests!
- Confidence to lead a large and diverse team (150+ TMs) that provides 24/7 service
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and attention to detail skills are highly regarded
- A transparent, thoughtful and consistent approach to team communications
- Accreditation in Responsible Service of Alcohol
Please be aware that eligibility checks are required as part of the recruitment process and ongoing employment for this position.
The Star Gold Coast is a one stop shop for all your needs. It offers luxurious accommodation and spa, iconic bars, restaurants and a world-class casino. We offer entertainment like no other, with our live concerts and shows in our Theatre and Events Centre, Live on the Lawn events, world class DJ’s at Atrium Bar & more! It is a destination that offers relaxation and fun at the same time!
At The Star, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTQI+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We recognise the distinctive challenges that trans and gender-diverse applicants may encounter during the recruitment process. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find a balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a WGEA Employee of Citation for Gender Equality holder and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTQI+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend