Group Director of Sales and Entertainment
Job no: 516663
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Business Development
Reporting to the GM Hotels, Retail & Entertainment, we are seeking a Sales professional capable of redefining the strategic direction and proactive sales landscape of the Hotel and Hospitality sales function. You will be accomplished at influencing national and global client targets, and maximise commercial benefits ensuring a Group approach and effective brand representation.
Key to your success will be your ability to develop a high performing Hotel sales team, capable of delivering maximum profitability, excellence in guest service and consistency in operational delivery.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Redefine business strategies to achieve increased revenue, increased market share and too counter competitor activities across all markets; MICE, Corporate, Wholesale, Leisure and Government
- Work collaboratively with the Group Director of Revenue & Distribution to ensure rate integrity
- Report on the overall performance of the Hotel sales team against budgets and forecasts, execute corrective action where needed
- Contribute towards the development of the business plan, including operating budget, labour levels and resource requirements
- Propose opportunities to improve performance against financial objectives, guest excellence, innovation and ensuring adherence to company targets
- Analyse data, providing monthly reporting statistics on competitor sales activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- Considerable senior business development experience in a hotel or hospitality sales environment
- Proven people leadership capability at a senior level
- Strong industry network
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and managing change
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to travel Domestic and International as necessary
Our ideal profile:
A seasoned sales professional that strives for perfection. You will be comfortable with both developing and executing strategies to maximise commercial benefits for the business and improve guest loyalty. You will lead by example, balancing the needs of the guest with the requirements of the business. You will implement ideas across functions to ensure scalable growth and take a disciplined approach to achieving the short and long-term goals that are aligned with the Groups vision. You will be a people-leader, focussed on furthering your team with the capabilities to achieve The Star’s strategy and support career growth.
Sound like the role for you? Let’s talk.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend