Assistant Front Office Manager (Manager on Duty)
Job no: 516813
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Front Office, Management
The Star Sydney is Australia's premier place to play, and we have just one mission – to thrill. That’s why we have ‘All-Star’ chefs and restaurants, brilliant bars, luxurious accommodation, nightclubs, high-end fashion and of course, our world-class casino!
The Darling Hotel has been awarded Forbes 5-star rating for 3 years in a row, being part of the world’s best hotels, restaurants and spas for 2019. With its prestigious rating comes sophisticated service, and we currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Manager on Duty/Assistant Front Office Manager to manage, drive and support our team and oversee daily operations.
The successful candidate will report into Front Office Manager of The Darling Hotel and will manage the Front Desk & Bell Desk team during each shift. You will have established leadership skills in a reputable and large five-star luxury accommodation, with proven experience of people management and an authentic customer service approach.
What will my day look like as Assistant Front Office Manager?
- Responsible for the efficient day to day operation of the Front Office team in the delivery of guest service excellence
- Coordination and supervision of all guest arrivals and departures
- Proactively seek opportunities to create thrilling and memorable guest experiences
- Leading, recruiting, developing and training our front office team
- Liaising with all departments of the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction is consistently achieved
- Resolve customer service queries with diplomacy and tact
- Completing reporting/audit requirements
What are we looking for?
- Previous duty manager/supervisory experience in a 5-star luxury hotel environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in Opera System
- Second language in an Asian dialect is advantageous
Apply now and take advantage of staff benefits such as free shift meals, discounted parking, free light rail (between Central and The Star), discounted rates for our restaurants/retail outlets and plenty of learning and development opportunities!
If you are passionate about luxury, five-star service and have the required experience we would love to hear from you!
Permanent residents only, no sponsorship is available for this opportunity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend