Job no: 517262
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Legal & Compliance
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
What we are looking for
As a Safety Advisor your main goal in this position is to undertake activities that enable The Star Entertainment Group to achieve its’ vision whilst reducing incidents and injuries and improving the health, productivity and wellbeing of team members. This will be executed by assisting departments in operationalising the Safety Management System (SMS) and will provide support to the Safety Manager in the implementation of relevant aspects of the Health and Safety (H&S) strategic plan.
Key responsibilities in the role are but not limited to:
- Assist with the implementation of The Star SMS (Safety Management System) on Property
- Develop partnership style relationships with management and supervisors that result in the transfer of knowledge and frontline engagement with the H&S program
- Proactively identify H&S risk issues in the organisation and work with management, workers and the H&S team to develop and implement effective controls
- Work with the H&S team to continually improve H&S systems, processes and programs
- Assist in conducting audits and inspections with management and HSRs that result in action plans for improvement
- Participate in incident investigations to ensure that root causes are identified, effective corrective actions are developed and implemented and the information is shared across The Star as required
- Assist managers and supervisors to ensure corrective actions are closed out in accordance with the SMS
- Deliver H&S training programs
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3 years experience in a WHS role within a large corporate or hospitality environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety or a similar field
- Strong understanding of WHS legislation and standards
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu everyday
- $10 staff parking every day including weekends and late nights
- Career development, training and courses via The Star Academy
We are committed to our people. We recognise the importance of each team member and strive to provide a workplace that empowers staff to be the best they can be.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.
“The Star Entertainment Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend