Restaurant Manager | Sokyo
Job no: 518328
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
The Star Entertainment Group’s (TSEG) vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, our properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation and entertainment options.
Awarded One Chef’s Hat for six consecutive years by The Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Food Guide. Head Chef Chase Kojima and his team use the finest local produce to create an imaginative Japanese-inspired menu.
With its own fusion of uber-cool ambience and eclectic energy, Sokyo is an experience unlike any other. The 175-seat restaurant is located within the lobby of The Darling hotel, Sydney’s first and only luxury hotel to receive the prestigious Forbes five-star rating – the most coveted award in global luxury travel.
We are seeking a hardworking and passionate Restaurant Manager to lead our team and daily operations. You will motivate and encourage the team to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests. You will be hands-on in your operational approach and be passionate about developing your career.
Reporting to Director of Dining;
- You will build a guest culture to continuously deliver a thrilling experience in line with The Star’s Values
- Support career growth and development to ensure the continual success of the department
- Maintain constant presence on the floor, recognising our VIP guests
- Review and analyse the daily operational needs maintaining beverage, labour, product and expenses on budget
- Assist our marketing team to design and deliver promotional strategies to drive business
- You will have extensive restaurant management experience within a high end, high-volume, dynamic restaurant
- Strong product knowledge, ideally in Japanese menu and have strong understanding of current industry trends
- Confidence to lead a diverse team of 50 plus FOH staff
- Proven business acumen
We recognise the importance of each team member and provides a workplace that offers;
- Ongoing career development
- Training programs via The Star Academy
- Salary $90,000 - $100,000 (inc. super) plus 10% incentive plan
- $10 staff parking and free light rail travel between Central Station and The Star
- Free meals on shift
- Discounts across The Star's Hotels and Restaurants and more!
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity & Join Sydney's favourite place to play.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend