Job no: 520301
Work type: Casual, Permanent Part-Time
Location: Gold Coast
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centered ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
As a Steward, you will be responsible for ensuring all back of house food and beverage areas are maintained to a high standard. (This role does not include any food handling)
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Handling, washing, rinsing and maintaining all operational equipment including pots, pans, kettle, cutlery, crockery and glassware and other utensils
- Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen floors, cold room floors and trolley fridges
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas and equipment including; bench tops, stoves, grill plate, salamander, deep fryer and woks on a daily basis and in accordance to departmental standard
We are ideally looking for candidates that have:
- Previous experience working in a physically demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to focus on a number of tasks and great organisational skills
- Flexible availability across a 24/7 roster and willingness to work up to 38 hours per week
- Previous stewarding/kitchen hand experience (highly regarded)
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to the find balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you’re interested in joining our team, apply with the links below or head to our website to check out the positions currently available. We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowWelcome a Friend